For Gallery 8, Bella at 52 Photos Project asks us to seek out a shadow...
|me, with wings unfurled|
And for this weeks Wishcasting Wednesday, Jamie asks us:
What belongings do you wish for?
Although I considered approaching this question by interprtating the word "belonging" as "to feel a part of"...but then I read on in her blog post about this wish and saw:
"(Remember when you were a kid and allowed yourself to wish for things?
Let yourself do that today)"
So yes, I am going into my "materialistic I WANT mode", 'cause Jamie said I could (and should!)
This is a bit tough for me to "admit" in public, because I have SO VERY MUCH, it sometimes seems to me to be somehow wrong or selfish or greedy to want anything more! Howvere, that does not mean that I do not have a running (if private and gulit-inducing!) list of "oh how I would love to have's!" So here goes...!
The belongings I wish for right now are:
1. A big screen (at least 65 inch) flatscreen tv. My husband and I only watch about 4 shows on tv. But we LOVE to watch movies on DVD. We RARELY go out to see a movie (only Johnny Depp is worthy of me paying $12 to see on the big screen!), so that is my "justification" for this wish! Our 12 year old tube tv works just fine,but the 3-5 movies we watch every week would just look SO much better on a bigger tv!
2. A treehouse. And labyrinth. And vegetable garden. And hammock. And hot tub...in our already beautiful and amazing yard/woods.
3. A new mattress. King size, please. (we have 3 wide load doggies who somehow all end up in bed with us by about 5 am every morning!). Our bed is a weird between full & Queen size, and almost 12 years old. Can you say lumpy-bumpy?
4. And new fluffy soft thick pillows too please.
5.New carpeting throughout our hose. It's on the very long list of home decor/updates...but at the bottom and definitely last because of all the "dirty work" still to be done inside.
6. A great big'ol "garden tub" in our soon-to-be-gutted-and-totally-renovated master bathroom. A long deep one. 'cause I am 5' 11" tall,and have not had the pleasure of a relaxing soak for years...
7. A looooong (ie: leisurely) trip to France. Paris specifically. With my husband of course! Ooo la LA!
8. A Toyota Prius. Bright red or that cool blue color they come in.
9. A spiral staircase. I dunno (or care!) where, just somewhere in the house...which unfortunately may require A LOT of work (ie: impossible...but hey, as long as I am WISHING...!)
10. And along the same line of thought as wish # 9 above: a baby goat. Or two. Or five. Serious crush going on here... *sigh*
Ok, that's enough...MORE than enough! The only thing on that list that I really truly NEED is the new mattress! Well, and the pillows too...AND the carpeting! ;)
Happy wishing to you!
Happy Me-Laurie Z!