Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday!

Hi all, it's Wednesday which, for me, means blog day! I know, kinda "lazy" of me to blog only once a week, but hey, it's summertime, and the livin's easy, right? Actually, here in the Pacific Northwest, summer does not officially begin until July 5...so one more day & counting! (as evidenced by the thermometer which reads a lovely 54 degrees at 11:45 pm...compared to my hometown of St. Louis, which at 1:45 am, is still a balmy 82 degrees (likely with about equal or higher humidity!). I am feeling SO bad for pretty much the entire rest of the country who are suffering through this massive extreme (and far too early in the season!) heat wave and the resulting power outtages! Not to mention the terrible wildfires... so if any of those misfortunes are affecting YOU, you have my sympathy and hopes that you are able to be safe and comfortable!

So today I am sharing with you THREE fun things I participate in:
Full Moon Dreamboard
Wednesday Wishcasting
and
52 Photos Project

First-
Tonight (July 3) is the full moon...the Full Buck Moon, which asks us to ponder:
 What are my most powerful dreams? Who am I when I am powerful?”
The Full Buck Moon is a time for stepping into that power.
Now is the time to set intentions for bold action and big dreams, the time to take action
and assert your presence in the world. Now is the time to take a stand and say,
“Here I am! Here is what I’m dreaming!”

Not really sure what all of these images "mean", but as always,
they called to me so I just went with them to create my dreamboard!

Next, it's wishing time! This week, Jamie asks us:
 "WHO DO YOU WISH TO BECOME?"

Oh my, I could go on & on with various specifics about the person I hope and want and strive
and dream and wish to become...but I will make this wish short & sweet 
by paraphrasing one of my very favorite quotes which really sums it up for me:

"I wish to become as good of a person
my dogs already think I am."
~Author Unknown



And lastly, the photo theme for this weeks Gallery is:
"A Different Pathway"





often it is easy for us to travel the known way.
we run on autopilot, not really thinking about 
where we are going, because it is all so familiar.
for this week, try a new way. turn left instead of right.
follow a road just to see where it leads you.
what surprises are waiting for you?

Edmonds beach is about 4 miles from our house and one of my favorite beaches to explore.
It was the very first Pacific Northwest beach I ever saw-
quite a difference from the Gulf Coast beaches in Southern Florida I grew up visiting!
 Today I experienced the rare delight and wonder of the most extreme low tide of the entire year,
 at -3.4 feet! In "laymans" terms, that means that the water was more than 16 feet lower
 than the "normal" daily low tide....which meant that the beach I have visited dozens of times
over the past few years of living here looked completely different and unfamiliar to me!
It also meant lots of surprises in the ability to see many interesting things
 (marine life, plants, rocks, beach glass, etc.) which are usually underwater.
Although it is a place I frequent, todays visit was like walking
on a completely different pathway-
so fascinating and wonderous in this unusual state!

Hope everyone has a fun Independence Day!
We are going to make a snowman!
(on our traditional 4th of July hike on Mt. Pilchuck, which always still has quite deep snow on it!)
Whatever you do, stay safe & cool!

Happy Me-Laurie Z!

15 comments:

  1. Love your entire post! Yummy... and...

    as you wish, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very busy board and wish. As Laurie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries about blogging only once a week... real life > internet

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie, this is a fantastic post filled with so many fantastic things. Your dreamboard is beautiful. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Laurie wishes for herself, I also wish for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely dreamboard! may all your dreams be fulfilled this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find your dreamboard really beautiful and joyful. May your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome post! love the dog quote... so so true. As Laurie Z wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Hoo, your dreamboard looks like some fun times ahead. As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you! May your dreams be fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dog quote! Great post and beautiful vision board (wow that peacock pic is amazing) and lovely wish. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister lives in the greater Seattle area too. Maybe one day when I come to visit her I might get to meet you too.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great capture of the 'extreme' low tide!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the beach photo! What fun it must be to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fabulous that the familiar beach became unfamiliar and a new place to explore.

    ReplyDelete