Sunday, December 15, 2013

Kickin' It Day 14-One Sentence Saturday!

Today for the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-A-Thon, it is
ONE SENTENCE SATURDAY-FROM A BOOK!
"Grab the third book on your top shelf of book and share the first sentence"!
(we have books in 5 separate places in 5 different rooms, so I just decided to do this from the books closest to me in the room I'm in...and the books are all actually on the bottom shelf of the Ikea shelving unit in here!)


"The other day, someone asked me how many faery pieces I have painted."
That third book on my shelf, which the above first sentence is from, is The Art Of Amy Brown (book 2), which I am thrilled to say, is a signed copy! I've long been a fan of the lovely author and artist, (who is from nearby Bellingham, Washington!) and adore her beautiful, mischievous, and unique fantasy art, so I was very excited to have the chance to meet her at the Washington Midummer Renaissance Faire, in August of 2011! My best friend Kelly was here visiting from our hometown of St. Louis, and we had so much fun that day-all dressed up, enjoying the festivities and sights,shopping for pretties and sipping Honey Mead in the summer sunshine!

Amy signing (both of) her books for me!

Me with author & artist Amy Brown
me & Kelly with a Faire friend!
And in case you are intrigued, here is the second sentence in the book, which answers the question posed:
"I was astonished when I realized that I have completed nearly 1,000 paintings since I began doing them about 12 years ago". 
This book was published in 2005, so I can only imagine how many more she has done over the past 8 years time!

Thanks for reading-have a great rest of your weekend!

Happy Me, Laurie.

1 comment: