Thursday, April 3, 2014

52 Photos Project-"A Day In My Life"

This week for Gallery 50 of 52 Photos Project, we are sharing photos for the prompt:
A DAY IN MY LIFE

I only remembered to take a few photos specifically for this prompt, so I will just share a sort of "run down" of my day and a few photos I did manage to remember to take throughout the day!

9:00 am: Woke up to (dumb!) woodpecker drilling on the living room window & two dogs in my face, as usual!
sleepyheads Annabelle & Dottie
*9:30-ish : went downstairs, turned on Pandora, let the dogs out, filled their bowls with their breakfast, let them back in, and hand fed our one dog (Dottie) who often eats so fast that she barfs...while hubby made  our morning lattes.
*9:45-ish: made us breakfast of Dave's Killer Bread toast topped with organic raw pistachio nut butter, bananas & flaxseed.

*10 am-noon-ish: hubby got down to work in his home office (at the kitchen island, and yes, still in his robe, lol!), while I checked my emails, watched a few videos, listened to a few podcasts, researched healthy food items we discovered this past weekend at the Seattle Veg Fest, made copies of new recipes, wrote out grocery list, did a load of laundry, texted with my son, let the dogs in & out a few more times, and joined a new creativity Meet Up group.
hubby hard at work

the girls hoping for a taste of my breakfast!
*noon-2:30 pm: went outside to work on phase 2 of Operation Fern Spring Haircuts! Yesterday I trimmed 24 giant ferns in our side yard and today, I began tackling the 65+ feet of even bigger ones growing against the fence along our driveway. It is not "hard" work, just very hard on my back with all of the low stooping/bending over...so I had to take breaks every 10 minutes or so to stretch out my back! Also went inside for a quick snack or fresh avocado with garlic on Mary's Gone Crackers and a handful of super sweet fresh raspberries! Got about 25 feet to the ferns trimmed...and my back (and the blister on my finger!) is saying that is enough for today!
BEFORE
AFTER
snack time!
OUCH!
*2:45 pm: made us a late lunch of  brown rice, quinoa, refriend beans, fresh avocado, salsa & garlic, with raw fresh baby carrots, broccoli, spinach & a sample bag of Way Better multi-grain tortilla chips (from this past weekend's VegFest!)
*3:30 pm-: left to run errands...Comfort Vision to pick up my new prescription sunglasses, Mattress Depot to try out latex mattresses, Michaels Crafts (for some on-clearance "impulse" type goodies, jewelry findings and felt for a project), Oroweat Bread Outlet store (for whole wheat Bobli crusts & salsa, both of which they were out of!), Redbox to return & rent movies, and finally, WalMart (for a watch & pita chips for hubby, craft stuff, Hello Kitty coffee mug, panties, nail polish remover, and make up remover pads for me and new Nyla bones for our dogs!)
*6:30 pm: finally home again...made dinner of brown rice spaghetti with butternut squash sauce, garbanzo beans and steamed broccoli, and a big salad of mixed greens, baby spinach, shredded carrots, roasted red tomatoes, baby peas, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, nutritional yeast flakes and a freshly made dressing of pureed pesto with oat milk, olive oil, black pepper & garlic. (and also fed dogs and let them in and out...and in and out!)
*7:30: watched "Jeopardy", talked to my son on phone (he is on a road trip for 9 days in New Orleans, working as a cook for the WCW event)
*8:30-10 pm:  researched mattresses & watched NBC Nightly News" "online with hubby, watched a few videos and read a few blogs (and finished writing this blog post!)
10 pm:  snuggled up on the couch to watch "Dallas Buyers Club" on DVD...

I am assuming that my day will end like most do after heading to bed when the movie is over, to read for about an hour and fall asleep listening to our favorite rain sounds CD!

And what did YOU do today?!

Thanks for reading, whatever you did, hope it was a good day for you!
Happy Me, Laurie.



No comments:

Post a Comment