Tuesday, November 22, 2011

(a very yummy!) AEDM Day 22


I got DELICIOUSLY creative today! (well, I catually started it yesterday but it became a finished masterpiece this morning!)

But first, I must thank my dear creative friend Koryn  H. for sharing with me what you are about to learn. (and to the original creator  as well!)

And after you try this for yourself, you will be thanking her as well as me for sharing it with you! Unless, that is, you don't like heaven on a spoon.
And if that is so, don't bother reading any further.
(but really, is it possible to NOT like this? AND IF SO, who ARE you anyway, and WHY are we friends?! Nah, no worries, more for ME then! Lol!)

So here we go...
HOMEMADE Dulce de leche!
(in just 17 you-will-laugh-at-how-easy steps!)

You will need:
1 can SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
(I use fat free because, well, it's fat free! Which has to be somewhat of a plus considering there is more than enough sugar in it to totally do in my attempt at eating healthy for the day!)


(note: DEF. NOT EVAPORATED MILK...not that you don't know the diff but it could be an honest mistake and personally, I do NOT want to be involved in any way whatsoever with what the end result of using THAT could possibly be!)

& A CROCK POT

that's it.
seriously!
easiest recipe ingredients list ever!

Ok, now for some "cooking" action:

1. REMOVE LABEL FROM CAN
2. SIT CAN IN CROCK POT
3. FILL CROCK POT W/ENOUGH WATER TO COVER CAN


4. PUT LID ON
5. PLUG IN CROCK POT
6. TURN TO LOW SETTING
7. FIGURE OUT WHEN 20 HOURS FROM NOW IS
8. GO DO STUFF FOR 20 HOURS
9. TURN OFF & UNPLUG CROCK POT, REMOVE LID
10. TAKE (hot) CAN OUT (of hot water) W/TONGS
11. TRY TO LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL IT COOLS OFF A LITTLE BIT
12. OPEN CAN & SPOON A BIG BITEFUL INTO YOUR WATERING MOUTH
13.THINK YOU HAVE DIED & GONE TO HEAVEN
14. THANK ME, KORYN & TIKI TIKI BLOG!
15. AFTER YOU RECOVER SUFFICENTLY, GO BACK TO STEP #1 & START OVER TO MAKE ANOTHER CAN BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE THAT YOU (like me) ARE JUST TOO DARN SELFISH TO SHARE THIS ONE!
16. FANCY UP AN EMPTY JAR TO PUT  IT IN
(I used an 8 oz. Classico Pesto jar, which afforded me a big leftover "better test it" bite too!),
17. GIVE AS GIFTS, AND BE FOREVER INFAMOUS FOR YOUR HOMEMADE HEAVEN ON A SPOON!

And did I mention how even more amazing this stuff is
when you dip THESE in it?!


(And, why yes, I actually DO have can #2 cooking right now! Step #15 is MUY importante!)

So, all in all, todays "creation" made for one VERY:

HAPPY (and all sugared up!) ME-LAURIE Z!

P.S. You're welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment