Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Smiles- "Peeps" (well, duh!)

Happy Easter Eve, peeps! (haha, I NEVER use that term, but it's almost bunny chicky eggy day,
so I couldn't resist!)


Speaking of "peeps", or rather, "Peeps", I just really need to get this off my chest...


THESE are PEEPS!

They are PEEPS because,
well duh,
 they are little yellow chicks and little yellow chicks say
 PEEP!
(I know this for a fact because when I was in 3rd grade we hatched little yellow chicks in my classroom
and I was one of the lucky ones whose parents were nice enough to let me being one of the little yellow chicks home
when the teacher decided she had had enough of their messiness and constant PEEPING.
Sadly, my thrill at having a little yellow chick as a pet was short-lived
because my so nice but apparently not well-informed about the care of little yellow chicks daddy
(who worked from home and so was the one to care for my little yellow chick while I was at school all day)
proceeded to do a rotation of  putting my little yellow chick outside, then inside, then outside, then inside... 
over and over all day long, (all THREE WHOLE DAYS IT SURVIVED AS MY PET)
and it caught a little yellow chick cold and died.
At last that is the story I was told.
And the one I am choosing to believe, even if I would ever be told otherwise.)


THESE are NOT PEEPS!
Yes, they are little chicks, but they are little GREEN chicks
and,
well duh,
there are no such thing as little GREEN chicks!
No, not even on St. Patrick's Day because what the H do little chicks,
even little GREEN ones,
(even if there WERE such a thing)
have to do with beer, shamrocks and leprechauns?!


THESE are NOT PEEPS EITHER!

Yes, they ARE yellow,
like little yellow chicks,
 but duh,
ARE they chicks?
Do rabbits peep?
Do the math, people.
(I suck at math and even I can figure THIS one out)


OMG DUH,
THESE ARE MOST DEFINITELY NOT PEEPS!

I am going to (hopefully correctly)
assume that there is no need for me to explain
 WHY these are definitely NOT Peeps!

(I do not CARE what the package says.
I already clearly stated the parameters
of authentic Peep-ness.)



Now...
 let's see if anyone other than me GETS this.


***FIND THE PEEP IN THIS PICTURE***
HINT: Yes, I said Peep in the SINGULAR.
There is only ONE REAL PEEP in this picture.
Well, duh!

Ok, I feel better.

Now I'm gonna go eat some jelly beans 'cause Peeps are really gross.


Happy Me-Laurie Z!



1 comment:

  1. hahaha! You know my peeps story :) I think we still have some reindeer (fake) peeps in the pantry. lol Happy Easter Laurie! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete