Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday "Best Friend"

Last night around 1:30 am, my husbands best friend-best as in from around age 14-(as a matter of reference, I don't even REMEMBER anyone I knew at age 14!) arrived here at our place for a last minute 5 day visit. He & his wife live in our hometown of St. Louis & have been here many times before, doing all of the "touristy" stuff, so this visit is a laid back, catch up, drink wine & be goofy guys type visit. Last night they were up until almost 4 am playing with (my) Jeff's new car stereo. Today we took him for the worlds best pizza (aka: Serious Pie), and enjoying a bottle of their second most expensive wine, and lavender cannolis for dessert...then the worlds best lattes (aka: Vivaces). Then we came home and spent the evening watching our friends 4 yr old. watching meaning watching 3 episodes of "Big Bang Theory", playing Uno (4 yr old style), drinking wine (and cracking up when 4 yr old pipes up "My mom drinks that!"), and then singing him to sleep (Michael Bubles version of "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do")...
uh, yeah I know...random rambling...(I blame being on bottle of wine #3)
My POINT?! (and yes, i DO have one)

Today, I am thankful for:

1. best friends. mine but also my husbands. i adore him.(my husband AND his best friends). my heart just smiles to see them together. they are one in the same, and in a good way. you know what i mean.



2. wine. yes. i admit it. good wine makes me happy. sometimes VERY happy.

3. Tom Douglas and all of his culinary miracles. Like Serious Pie. seriously. I would choose it for my last meal. EVER meal, if I could.

4.  The Stranger's "I Saw U's" seriously, check them out. hilarious and disturbing, all at the same time.

5. 50's style tiki/surf music. can you guess that we are listening to that right now? while reading "I Saw U's"? and drinking wine?

6. oh and one more, cute 4 yr olds. who ask us where our playroom is. and is wearing my underwear while his are in the wash after an accident. he said he had a tail in them. too adorable.  and drifts off to the sound of my singing.
.
Have thankfulness for the small, silly, necessary things.

Happy Me-Laurie Z!


1 comment:

  1. I love the concept of Thankful Thursdays, more often than not I find it's the simplest things that I'm thankful for which in turn leave me feeling so blessed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete