Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Withering Beauty & Fall Wish

Hello all! It is getting verrrry close to that most lovely time of year that is so special to me! The sun is still shining upon us here in the (still very dry!) Pacific Northwest, and what an unusually lengthy gift of bright warm light has Mother nature bestowed upon us! But I must admit that I am just about ready for the golden, cooler, misty, contemplative, gathering & cuddling days of Autumn to be upon us! For some reason, it has always been my favroite season and time of year...quiet, intimate, content and grateful...those are among the many blessings of this season that I look forward to each year!

Today I am sharing my usual Wednesday offerings, which once again, seem to go hand in hand!:

On 52 Photos Project, this weeks photo prompt is
WITHERING BEAUTY

I have always been drawn to the beauty of the withering...
Of the fading, peeling, rusting, crumbling...
The abandoned, forgotten, ignored...
The honest,
truthful,
stripped-down,
stark reality...
 of what was,
and what now is.
Perhaps,
and often
 even more interesting,
and beautiful
in it's current state...
withering

And for this weeks Wishcasting Wednesday, Jamie asks us:
WHAT'S YOUR FALL WISH?
My fall wish is to be aware!
Connect with nature and myself
during this changing season.
Go within to hear what I need to listen to.
Open my eyes to the beautifully changing landscape 
and see what I know to be real and true.
Allow my heart to gather grateful goodness.
And just be still, content and cocooned in the magic
of the cycles of life on this earth.

Happy last week of September, everyone!
Happy Me-Laurie Z!






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! As a fellow PNWester, as you wish for yourself, I wish for Laurie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this wish! The essence of being.
    As Laurie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wish for YOU! Love your photo this weeke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photo ~ and your wish to be aware.
    I feel so inspired when I visit your space :)

    ReplyDelete