Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Closed Window & Peace

Hi everyone! Wow, it's only Wednesday and already, it has been a most wonderful week of heart bursting love, beauty, joy and gratefulness!

This week at 52 Photos Project, we're sharing our images with the theme of...
THE CLOSED WINDOW
They say, “Eyes are the window to the soul”. 
Well, how about making photographs with this window closed?
 The body language of a person can say a great deal about that person
 - how they are feeling in a particular moment. 
Try a portrait without showing the face of your subject. 
And with this, try to show the expressions, emotions, feelings and the personality of the moment.
 If you don't want to try this on someone else - how about yourself?
I am not all that comfortable taking photographs of people, so I often do so  in ways such as this.
I watched this little tutu clad girl as she frolicked, skipped and flitted around the beach ,
completely enthralled by her uninhibited expression of joy, freedom and wild abandon.
I think this image perfectly captures how she was feeling!


This week at Wishcasting Wednesday, Jamie asks us:WHAT PEACE DO YOU WISH FOR?
I wish for the peace which allows everyone to be able to experience the holiday season 
just as they want, need and long for it to be.
 I touched on this in last weeks post, and it just seems to be a topic that grows in importance to me
every holiday season.
I hear (so many, TOO many!) people grumble,crab, bitch, moan & groan, whine and become stressed out, resentful, unhappy, broke, frenzied, exhausted, depressed, fighting, overwhelmed messes during the time of year that is designated for experiencing, enjoying and reflecting on exactly the opposite.

To my friends in the United States, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow,
 filled with peace of mind, heart & soul!
Happy Me-Laurie Z!
.



4 comments: