Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Softly Fade Away...& Wish(es) for 2013!

Wow, it's Wednesday Jan. 2... two thousand and THIRTEEN (!!) already?!

Now while I am not at ALL "calendar challenged" (his term!) like my hubby, if you happened to ask me what year it FEELS like it SHOULD be to me, I might (would probably!) say something ridiculous like,oh I dunno...NINETEEN NINETY NINE maybe?! Yeah, quite possibly some Prince influence there...which makes me think that I COULD (but WILL MOST DEFINITELY NOT!) share an embarrassing/hilarious story about something incredibly humiliating & immature (& GROSS!) that I did (on a bands speakers) one New Years Eve at a local music/dance club (NO, not THAT!! Shame on you!), which occurred even longer ago than that (circa 1983-ish?), when much of ALL I recall about that particular celebration was (there IS a connection here, I promise!)... dancing my (unbelievably skinny back then!) a** off to...(wait for it...!) yep, you guessed it, Prince's ("Tonight we're gonna party like it's) NINETEEN NINETY NINE!"
SO...long story (not too) short: (I can hardly believe/comprehend it has arrived again ALREADY!, but) HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Now on to this business of blogging...!
Wednesday means time to share two online challenges/activities I (love to!) participate in!

For the first 52 Photos Project prompt of 2013, Bella asks us to share images of...
"Softly Fade Away"
I love the way the colors in the paintbox pallet fade with use, but are still so lovely and usable,
varying shades now, softer, watered-down versions of their original hue...


And for the first Wishcasting Wednesday of 2013, Jamie asks us...
WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR 2013?
I, of course, wish for all of my most grateful-for blessings to continue to shower & surround 
me & my loved ones, and all of this whole wide world:
*LIGHT*
*LOVE*
*LAUGHTER*
*GOOD HEALTH*
*CONTENTMENT*

(but may I also add that for 2013, I wish that this is the year my hubby & I could...
*get a new mattress!
*rebuild our beautiful deck!
*have lots of (out of state) family & friends come visit us-or us visit them!
*get our big screen tv!
*build a labyrinth!
*design & rebuild our fireplace!
*clear out & organize the garage (& BASEMENT!!!)
* AND deepen our relationships with one another, loved ones & ourselves!


What are YOUR wishes for 2013?
I hope they all (and more!) come true!

Happy Me-Laurie Z!

12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your wishes, and as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wishes, Laurie! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Great wishes! As you wish, so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you...hope it's a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful wish. Great list. As Lauriez wishes for herself, so also I wish for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. Great wishes and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay Laurie! Let's party like it's 1999!!!

    I love your wish for building your own labyrinth - go for it!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful wishes. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and lyrical. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! I have a long list of home reno's too. The key for me is to enjoy the process and appreciate each accomplishment along the way instead of wasting my time+energy wishing it was all done weeks ago. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful wishes, Laurie.
    Thank you for sharing this week :)

    ReplyDelete