Friday, December 27, 2013

Kickin' It Day 27-Final Friday

Today is the Final Friday for Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-A-thon and here's what's happening!

Here on our final Friday of the year, let's share a little bit about the year that was 2013!
Google image
1. What will you remember about 2013?
The happy excitement and lovely memory making moments of my daughters wedding day! 
The fear and uncertainty and fierce love & protective instincts I felt when my son was involved in an, um..."unfortunate" (and very UNFAIR!) situation.
The connection and creativity I experienced attending two art & personal exploration retreats!
The fun my best friend & I shared on a 2 week trip to Florida!
My ability (and the rewards!) of being brave in my creative expression!
The joy and laughter sharing life with our 3 dogs brought me!
The blessings of my loving, happy marriage to my best friend!

2. What are you ready to leave behind?
Old baggage that continues to cause the same patterns of problems, issues, difficulties, stress and unhappiness.
My habit of letting other peoples negative energies, moods and problems impact & affect me.
Self-doubt, mean self-talk & expectations of perfection in myself (& others!)

3. What's something you learned  in 2013?
That if I push past my fears and listen to my hearts desires, and act on what I know is true and right for me, good and positive things can happen!

4. What would you like to celebrate about this past year?
The happy, strong, close relationships I share with loved ones.
All of my many abundant blessings which I am grateful for every single day!

Thanks for reading!
Have a great final Friday of 2013!
Happy Me, Laurie.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so true that all you really have to do is listen to your heart and you can find direction and strength? Yet so many of us listen to everyone *except* ourselves, and then wonder why we are unhappy. Congratulations on your lesson and here's to a magnificent 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar struggle with perfectionism earlier in my life (it still rears up occasionally, but doesn't rule me anymore). It was a tough nut to crack for me, I wish you very well in the process of letting go of it. All the best for 2014!

    ReplyDelete