Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday



Todays Wishcasting Wednesday question is:
"What do you wish to RECLAIM?"

once a young girl
heart bursting with excitedness
dove headfirst into her days
splashed like a mermaid in the waters of life
arose sparkling and shimmering
for all the world to see
golden sunlight surrounded her
and eminated from her
lighting her way
her fears were simple
spiders, lighting, fire
they changed not
her joyful embrace
of who she knew she was
then she grew up
and away
from that happy girl
her heart now often heavy
her splashing a means of survival
her light dimmed
but her fears burned bright
and guided her every move
somewhere inside
she remembered
a fractured sliver of herself remained
and waited
for reclamation


Although I "freewrote" this (it just poured forth from my hands as I sat down to start this post), I thankfully no longer feel this way.
I have spent many difficult years working through reclaiming the very essence of Who. I. Am.
It feels very good, very peaceful and, on most days, very complete.
I feel not only like "myself" again, but like an ever better version of myself.
Perhaps even more like a "rebirth" has been occurring, of becoming who I should have been allowed to continue being, way back when I was a young, happy girl.

My wish, then, is to continue to reclaim of parts of me which have been lost, stolen, damaged, hidden, or are as yet unearthed.


Is there something that you wish to reclaim?

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Happy Me-Laurie Z









9 comments:

  1. I could have written that beautiful poem too. I know how that feels and often wish I was the 5yr old girl with no fear, no heartache and so much love and life to give.

    As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this in the WW Goddess Discussion.

    As you wish for yourself I also wish for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh our innocent young happy carefree selves are so often the parts we miss the most. As Laurie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish so I wish for you!

    I like the idea of reclaiming the innocence of youth. Looking at thinks through fresh eyes day by day., hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful wish! as you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely secret garden I just found (thank you, Trixie via The Goddess Circle)

    As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you with delight.

    I don't see any other wishes posted, so I'm wondering if there's an unwritten rule...that I'm about to break hahaha

    My wish: I wish I wasn't so afraid to write and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful wish! love it and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete