Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Free-for-All: Food!

Even though I am writing todays post a bit late (hey, it's still Friday for almost an hour here on the West coast!), I must be hungry, because I am drooling over so many recipes I am finding online right now! (damn you, Pintrest...which I belong to but RARELY go on...for just this exact time warp black hole reason!)
Anyway, here are a few which are sounding especially good to me right now...


NUTELLA COOKIES
i am not really a fan of Nutella, but I have a jar in the pantry & these cookies look pretty tempting!
(and super easy...maybe I'll make them with my grandson when I go visit him next week!)

Ingredients:
1 cup Nutella
½ cups Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 whole Egg 

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Blend all ingedients together well. Form into 1″ balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool & enjoy!



FROZEN YOGURT DOTS

I eat soy yogurt, but I bet it would work for these too!
                                                             Frozen Yogurt Dots recipe


ROASTED ROSEMARY CHICKPEAS


I can see me eating an entire can of these in one sitting!

Ingredients:1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus an extra pinch for after roasting
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse and drain chickpeas. With a paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas.
(Not to worry if some of the skins come off)
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary. 
Add chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chickpeas evenly on the pan. 
Place in the oven and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.
Sprinkle a pinch of salt and enjoy!


Sweet Potato Hummus and Cumin Flatbread Chips

OMG! Two of my fave foods in one! Sweet potato & hummus!!!!
(Make your own, I'm not sharin'!)

Ingredients:1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped and boiled until fork tender
½ (14.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
½ lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
dash nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste

extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
for flatbread chips:2 sheets flatbread, cut into 1 inch triangles
3 tablespoons olive oil for brushing
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place flatbread chips onto a baking sheet and brush with oil. Sprinkle with cumin and salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned and crisp. Set aside.
3. Place ingredients for hummus into a food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings and stir. Top with a small drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of cumin. (makes 2 cups)
Serve with baked flatbread chips.



Hope you'll want to try at least one of these recipes! And I think I just figured out what I am changing my Friday post theme to: "Foodie Friday"! Now if you'll excuse me, it is time for my midnight snack!

Happy Me-Laurie Z!








No comments:

Post a Comment