Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kickin' It Day 1- "De Selfie"!

Happy December first! (whaaaaattt?!?!)

Today is the first day of Jamie Ridler and Shannon Ridler's blog challenge called Kickin' It Old Skool, which I am bound and determined to participate in EVERY. (damn!) DAY. IN. DECEMBER! As of late, I have been resorting to once a week blog posts which seem kinda (pathetic &) *pointless* to me, so this fun kick-in-the-blogpants came along at the perfect time for me! I also do MUCHO better at this blogging thing if someone tells me what to write about, lol, so these daily prompts will leave me with NO excuses not to jot down a little something for the whole wide (interwebs) world to see...(that's my theory & I'm stickin' to it!)
So  here's a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Jamie & Shannon (who along with sis Suzie (the Foodie), reeeeealllly make me sad that I am an only child -ie: no sisters in crime to play with!) for getting my fingers (and possibly even brain!) moving to blog on a daily basis!

So the first prompt is "DE SELFIE" (as in self-portrait!)

Hmmm...not really "up" for taking a selfie right this very minutes, so I am going to dig in the archives (otherwise known as the folder containing acceptable for public viewing photos of myself!) and share this selfie which I took at the Soul Sisters Retreat in Portland in late October. I just happened to have taken a self-portrait workshop there with Vivienne McMaster and this was one I took that I ended up being ok enough with to keep. Yeah, I am good behind the lens but in front of? Not so much...or rather, not as much as I wish, lol! I was goofing around with a newly uploaded iPhone camera self-timer app, and this was one of the few that actually had me IN the frame, lol! I really do like the sort of artsy abstract quality with the trees and especially that one which is breaking up the photo directly down the middle...it's almost like I "photo-bombed' my own shot of the woods, haha! So yeah, this selfie captures me as my nature loving, humor loving self!



So, day one down, woo-hoo!

Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!
Happe Me-Laurie Z!

5 comments:

  1. I am playing as well. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the unusual nature of your self portrait. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Selfie Laurie Z! I'm so glad you are playing along - all month long! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write best (and more regularly) when I have prompts to follow, too.
    Playing along, for sure!
    Love that you photo-bombed your own picture! Seems very fitting...
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete